Who did you go with? (With whom did you go? - very formal)
WhomWatch #1 - The Apostrophe Protection Society
- A man whom I know mends radios
- A girl whom I met recently works from home
- A man I know mends radios, he might be able to fix it for you.
- A girl I met recently works from home, she could tell you what it's like.
- That man over there, whom I have known for a long time, mends radios.
- The girl next door, whom I met recently, works from home
This morning I met Diane, whom (or who) I hadn't seen for ages.