This quiz is based on a list of around 60 nouns with their dependent prepositions.
Instructions and basic principles.
When you press Start quiz, the program will randomise the list and show you the first ten questions. When you've completed these you have a choice:
1. - You can select 'Options' - 'Text entry' and repeat the ten questions, this time typing in the answers, which is a bit more difficult.
2. - Or you can move on to the next ten, by pressing Next. You can repeat as many times as you like until you have been through the whole list.
I'd rather do the nouns in alphabetical order - Fine. Just uncheck the 'Randomised' box. But remember that this will start the quiz from the beginning again.
Note - Sometimes there is more than one possible answer. The program, however, knows only the answer I've given it, so if it marks you wrong, just try a different alternative.
To start at the beginning again just press Start quiz once more.
A word on nouns with dependent prepositions
- They often take the same preposition as their corresponding verb
- to depend on - dependence on
- They are often more formal than their verb equivalents, and some of the example sentences reflect this.
Questions per page Randomised
Showing Qs out of a total of
Your exercise will appear here
Random Idea English