Multifunctional quiz based on a 'bank' of more than 100 conditional sentences. View by conditional type or combination. Or just go for a random selection.
You can choose which types of conditionals to try:
- One type of conditional
- A combination of two types
And you have the following options for doing the quiz:
- Show each verb (easiest / default)
- Multiple choice
- Show all the missing verbs in a box at the top.
Note 1 - Continuous - Some verbs are in continuous forms. You should be able to tell which from the context. None are in Present perfect.
Note 2 - Inversion - If the gap comes at the beginning of the sentence, you'll need to use inversion. This only happens in a few sentences. See below the exercise for a reminder on inversion in conditionals.
Note 3 - Was / were - For the purposes of this quiz use the informal was rather than the more formal were, except in the standard expression If I were you.
Note 4 - Using contractions (ignore the space before the gaps)
- After personal pronouns use 'll for will
- After personal pronouns use 'd for had and would
- After personal pronouns use suitable contractions for the verb be - 'm, 're, 's
- Use ...n't for negatives where appropriate.
- Don't use any double contractions (you'd've etc)
- Don't use any contractions at all with inverted forms (more formal)
Quiz options Click on any button to start - Randomised
||0 & 1
||1 & 2
|| 2 & 3
||3 & M
Questions per page Qs out of